Sunday, January 01, 2012

Purple Clouds: Genesis

Finally had a moment to review the photos I took at the end of my "Purple Clouds" walk a few days back. The sun had begun its ritual retreat, setting the sky awash with exquisite strokes of lavender welling up from clouds and into the surrounding sky.  Truly a breathtaking sight to behold, especially walking alone in the cold and bitter opening of yet another year's unfolding.  Once I returned back home, I grabbed my camera and took a few quick snaps before the color completely faded into indigo.  Granted there wasn't a lot of light to work with, but I was able to salvage one shot.  The first (below) is the 'original' and the second photo is an art render that I have since titled:  "Genesis."  A fitting title for a new year's unfolding?







"Purple Clouds Brood with Ominous Foreboding"  12_30_2011
@Copyrighted Photo, 2011.  All Rights Reserved.





"Purple Clouds: Genesis"
@Copyrighted Photo, 2011.  All Rights Reserved.




What do think? These clouds definitely appeared to have a will all their own, as they swirled madly about in the lavender-kissed sky ... It was almost as if they did indeed have messages to relay.  It was a most unusual sky to be certain, on a cold and fiercely wind-blown day ... Hence the title of my write from the other night, "Purple Clouds" poem.

Who knows? Maybe these clouds merely portent that mystery and magic await? With a new year's unfolding they arise from a heretofore slumber? ... And on that note:  Venture forth with a bold heart to embrace your new year!



Peace & Much LOVE,
~M





P.S. Today is my "Artist Birthday." My ceremonial observation of my day of "awakening" and rebirth.  It's a healthy way for me to find reasons to celebrate and embrace the new year with a happy heart.  So Happy Birthday to me==Isabelle : )

... A friend's poem today reminds me that children embrace neither 'wisdom' (or lack thereof) nor uncertainty.  They live joyfully in the moment.  Beauty and Truth embodied in purest simplicity.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inside was a tightly rolled piece of paper.