Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow is Melting ...

The 2+ feet of white fluffy snow that was dumped onto the Seattle and surrounding areas has begun the process of melting.  The kids returned to school and normal routines today (Monday) ... though, perhaps a bit begrudgingly.  Luckily, we still have a big pile of snow in a shady portion of our yard handy for snowball fights. Nothing like a snowball upside the head to put a smile back on your face again?  ; )

This snow of last week was perfectly timed ... renewing, beautifying and a welcome call to embrace 'play' and the heart of being a child once again.  A great opportunity for me to play with capturing snow images with my camera ... an area where I need some work.  I would have liked to have had more sunlight with this snow, but that was not to be this time.  I made the best of it, I think?   I'm still going through my images and editing them as the muse calls me to do so.  With the latter in mind: here's another snow photo to share ...





"Lavender's Blue"
@Copyrighted Photograph, 2012.  All Rights Reserved: Isabelle Black Smith.




Guess the song that goes with this one is  "Let's Dance", By David Bowie ... cause he's what I'm listening to tonight and that is the song now playing and I'm too tired to put much more thought into choosing.  The universe chose? ...  Funny, my favorite pair of shoes when I was little, about 3 years old ... the first pair I actually remember owning ... was a pair of red patent leather shoes.  I had forgotten about those shoes.



No comments: