Friday, December 30, 2011

Purple Clouds Brood with Ominous Portent ...




@Copyrighted Image, 2012.  All Rights Reserved: Isabelle Black Smith.


"Purple Clouds" 


An evil wind howls relentlessly
In the waning hours of a year
Soon to be laid to rest,
Whilst swirls of purple clouds
Brood with ominous foreboding
In vehement protest 

To yet another year's closing.
A speck of insignificant dust,
I wander thus below ...
A lone, winter clad, cold
And weary figure
In silent observation.
Foretelling footsteps,
Tossed wildly about
By the chill of a merciless wind.
My untamed imagination
Wonders: What pray do these portents,
Thus our way, in the new year send?



 @Copyrighted Poem, 2011. All Rights Reserved: Isabelle Black Smith.





Very cool clouds there were here this afternoon/evening.  Sadly, I did not have any camera with me on my walk though, so I borrowed an image that came close (though the clouds here were a bit more brooding in nature).  I wish I had had my camera (did not even have a cell phone) with me on my walk, but the fierce wind made it hard to breath and think ... let alone take photos, I suppose.  Perhaps, I was just meant to observe and listen maybe?

Interestingly enough ... I decided to google "Purple Cloud" once I returned home and my fingers had thawed ... "Cloud" singular, because there was one lone purple cloud that seemed to be following me ... and low and behold look what I found:  "Purple Cloud", a fictional write  ... story, book, first published in 1901 and republished by the author again in 1920.  The work is a science fiction write, with a most intriguing story line.  This may just be my next read?



P.S. 1/8/2012 Early morning hours ... It occurs to me upon reflecting this night that the last line of this poem should read "our" and not "my" as originally written.




1/16/2012 ... It snowed here this weekend.  Got some great photos of clouds with barren tree branches laden in snow.  This particular image seemed to lend itself to purple.  So I have decided to update the photo here with one of my own.  This photo goes much better with the imagery of  "A lone winter clad, cold and weary figure."

Here is the original photo that I had posted, borrowed from another blogger: "Purple-Dreamy."  I will post it here to help promote a fellow photographer : )  It is a great photo: fabulous clouds ... fabulous PURPLE!






3 comments:

lorely said...

Happy New Year to you Michelle! We didn't have the purple clouds but we have been getting a dose of global warming...without any snow...strange season thus far...

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Happy New Year, Lorely! =) Hope you have a wonderful celebration. May Peace, Love & Abundant Blessings be yours in the New Year. Blessings to your family as well. ♥ (And yes, it has been very odd weather this year?!)

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

No, I have not had many issues with hackers. I would suggest using a strong log-in and changing the password frequently. Also do not connect via wi-fi hotspots unless you are using a VPN to protect your accounts and private data. You might try opting-in for any auto back-up features the platform you are using might offer or back-up your work via some cloud based storage periodically yourself. Hope this helps. I am sure there is loads of credible advice online in various tech forums. So sorry for your loss, but don't let it keep from doing what you love. Best to you and better luck moving forward!