Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On Soul Mates ...

After reflecting on the dreams that I was having -- three nights in a row, starting on Aug. 7 -- and the poem that came about as a result of those dreams ("The Hunter's Moon"): I've begun to question my notions abouts soul mates. I haven't completely gotten there yet, but I am thinking that perhaps a soul mate might just be someone with whom we seem to feel, and share, a very strong spiritual connection. And that connection does not always have to manifest itself in a physical or romantic way. In that line of thinking then, perhaps there can be more than one soul mate for each person. I guess, I'm getting to the point where I am ready to shed the limiting notion that a soul mate has to necessarily be a better, or other, half of someone: a unique counterpart.

I'm still reflecting on these thoughts. I'll let you know when, and if, I finish processing these possibilities ...

The dynamics in my life have been have been all over the place lately. That makes it harder to tune in to what I'm truly feeling. Still, I'm getting there. I'm hopeful and peace is slowly returning, day by day.

Have good one!

God Bless!

M

P.S. Also trying to figure out what this song means to me; it came on my mp3 player as I was mulling over thoughts on soul mates ... Any thoughts?

Song: The Space Between, By the Dave Matthews Band

Confusing song?!

No comments: