Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Frosted Moon ...

Tried sleeping, but I couldn't.  Got up and saw the moon through the skylight in my bedroom.  The Enchanted Moon was blazing brightly and covered by wispy clouds.  The whole scene looked wicked cool, so I grabbed my camera and tried taking some snaps through the glass of the skylight.  Did not use a tripod and the glass distorted the image slightly ... was also a bit dirty.  So I played around with the image and smudged the clouds a bit, etc.  Not great but it looks kinda cool. Not bad for 3:00 a.m., with no sleep? Oh well, it was fun to play : )




"Frosted Moon" ... taken through skylight

[Feel free to use this image : ) Would be nice if you would link back here and give me credit.  Thanks!]



See what you miss if you just blindly sleep through the night?  So there is perhaps an upside to bad dreams and "insomnia"?





Guess, I'll try to finish up my latest read now: "The Tempest."  The introduction to the play was about 60 pages, but some of the info does seem to be useful in understanding the play itself.  Funny thing is the play is supposed to be Shakespeare's shortest work, so the play itself is dwarfed by the introduction in the book that I am reading.  So far this play reads much easier than some of Shakespeare's other works --for me anyway.  I am looking forward to seeing the new movie that was made in 2010 based on Shakespeare's play, also titled "The Tempest." Will wait until I am done reading the actual play before seeing the movie though.  The movie stars Helen Mirren and the trailers looked rather intriguing.  Here's the movie trailer if you happen to be interested.
Movie Trailer for "The Tempest" on YouTube: http://youtu.be/DDyGl2uIQ-


1/31/2018 Revisiting this image tonight, on the tri-stellar moon viewing night of the Blue Moon, coupled with a Super Moon and a Bonus Lunar Eclipse.  This hasn't happened in over 150 years!  Anyway, viewing image makes me think perhaps the moon woke me up that night?  Given the hole in the middle of the ice crystals formed upon the glass.  Rather intriguing thought to me ... I see the moon, the moon see me ....  Watch the eclipse live here:  Live Stream View ==> A special expression of gratitude to Gian Masi and collaborating astronomers for making the effort to bring this amazing stellar experience avaible to people around the globe by way of via live streaming video.  Truly breathtaking real-time images!  If you missed it, the feed appears to be still be available for post-viewing as well.  Incredible experience.  Thank you for sharing!!

No comments: