Friday, March 18, 2011

The Japanese Garden ...

(photo credits to follow shortly)





A friend of mine posted a video clip of Japanese gardens that he and his wife had toured with Japanese friends the day before the second major earthquake and tsunami hit Japan.  He remarked, "We had tea in the garden [with them] the day before the earthquake ..."






My friend's post and viewing his photo slide show of the Japanese garden that he had visited reminded me of the peace, patience and enduring strength of the Japanese people.  And this reminder renewed my sense of hope for the peoples of Japan.







It put me in touch with the energy of their strength, inner calm,  and yet determined resilience.  If past history and tradition are any indicators for the future of Japan, I think that the Japanese people will most certainly prevail in the face of adversity, despite of the blows that they have been dealt by the recent earthquakes and tsunami. 






Let us now pray that looming nuclear crisis can be brought back under control.  I hope that you will join me in prayer for the people of the Japan and for an end to the looming nuclear crisis in Japan at the Fukushima Dia-Ichi nuclear power plant, so that the people of Japan can focus on healing and rebuilding their families, homes, neighborhoods and country.







God Bless!

~M




P.S.  Found one of my own Japanese Garden photos ... This one is painted, but it is uplifting to me. The glowing light here symbolizes the enduring spirit of the beautiful Japanese people.




"Spirit of the Garden" (low res. copy)
@Copyrighted Image, 2010.  All Rights Reserved: Michelle C.
of whatplanetareyoulivingon.blogspot.com





2 comments:

lorely said...

Am praying...is so overwhelming...but every prayer is heard...and can make a difference.

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Yes ... I feel overwhelmed sometimes too. We are very empathetic people, I think. Their pain is our pain. I agree ... every prayer does make a difference! Thank you for you yours. Peace & Love ♥