Friday, May 04, 2012

Bring Me to LIFE ...

Lots of rain here these past several, several days.  Normally, I truly don't mind the rain ... Rain can be very refreshing, renewing, invigorating.  I used to love to dance in the rain and splash barefoot through all of the puddles ... Seems I haven't done that in ages? ... The rain here of late, however, seems to really be wearing on me though.  I am EXCITED for Spring and all the blossoming of fabulous colors and textures.  I want to get outside and photograph some of this unfolding beauty, but every time I have time to get out it seems there is rain, rain and more rain.  It's starting to get me down : (  I need some sunshine to breathe new life into me, I think.  At least my words are still flowing, I guess that's something?  Maybe I can't have both words and images at once?

Well in an effort to keep my photographic muscles flexed and in shape, I forced myself to venture out in the drizzle this afternoon.  It wasn't dancing in the rain, but perhaps the next best thing:  I found some interesting blossoms nestled among the backdrop of an evergreen wood, laced with lichen.  Hard to photograph in the rainy drizzle so these aren't much, but beauty lies in the eye of the beholder ...





"Gentle Raindrops Chance ..."  (my favorite photo from this set on my Flickr site)






"Laces of Lichen"
@Copyrighted Photograph.  All Rights Reserved.




"Silent Beauty, Accentuated By Gentle Rain"
@Copyrighted Photograph. All Rights Reserved.





"What distinguishes the artist from the dilettante? Only the pain the artist feels. The dilettante looks only for pleasure in art."

~Odilon Redon, French Painter 1840-1916






Song:  "Bring Me to Life", By Evanescence





P.S.  Some good news ... Seems people have atually been reading a bit here these past two weeks and not just image browsing.  That does help to bring a smile to my face =)  I think that in this day and age of information at our fingertips, we can be overwhelmed with all of the options for input.  It is difficult to be discerning and filter through the mountains of data being presented to you in any given instance when you are 'connected'.  Perhaps that's why I so often 'unplug' and regroup ... helps to reset my priorities and focus.  The latter being said, I do sincerely respect and appreciate people who take the time to stop and actually experience other people's ART ... to pause for a moment and embrace an openess to seeing the world from another perspective, through another's eyes.  Peace & Love to all those willing to pass that way.  ♥

No comments: