Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Color your WORLD ...

Drizzly afternoon with nowhere we have to be, so kids and me decided to change things up. We pulled out some old paint pens ... most of which had begun to dry up ... and each decorated an old piece of clothing. I chose a pair of well, well worn blue jeans. These pants are so faded and worn they are almost white. Good use for something you would otherwise likely throw away and we had fun. Word of advice: make sure you have a well ventilated area to work in as the paint fumes get heady. Maybe that's why we were giggling so much? Maybe that explains my strange patterns ... I don't know?  I was going for a flames and falling star motif.




VIP Note: there is a toxic warning on these if ingested, so this may not be so great of a project
to do with small children.  There may be non-toxic pen choices out there?




Well, this is as far as I got on mine before the paint ran out. We will have to make a trip to the store to restock on paint pens so I can finish. FUN to create and paint = ) Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that I am doing fine ... slowing down and reconnecting with the more important things in life these days.




The kids have named these "Mom's Circus Pants" ...
Wonder if they will be seen in public with me if I wear them???
Maybe, I'll finish painting these and be a Hippy/Flower Child for Halloween. : )

 
 
Here is the t-shirt my middle daughter made ...
 
 
 



A great RAINY DAY project!   = )

Spend some time with your kids: they help put perspective back into your life.






Later P.M. ... Discussion at dinner.  The girl's have now moved beyond these being mom's "circus pants"  ... should I tell you what they dared to write down the back of the right leg? ; )  Well the flames on the back are big clue.  Too funny ...

No comments: