Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Next Book Purchase ...

You're never too old for Dr. Seuss, right? ... Well, I just heard on the news that they are releasing a new Dr. Seuss book.  Apparently this will be a collection of previously published stories in magazines and other literary publications.  The new book will be titled, "The Bippolo Seed & Other Lost Stories."   It will be published by Random House and will also be available for iPad (hopefully for iPod too ... if images are included). 



(Image via wired.com)




Here are summaries of the seven stories from Oceanhouse Media’s press release (via wired.com)

The Bippolo Seed, a mischievous, greedy cat leads an innocent duck astray;
The Bear, the Rabbit, and the Zinniga-Zanniga, a single eyelash saves a rabbit from an insecure bear;
Gustav the Goldfish, a boy overfeeds his pet fish, causing it to outgrow its surroundings;
Tadd and Todd, identical twins in search of their individuality;
Steak for Supper, Seussian creatures follow a boy home hoping for a steak dinner;
The Strange Shirt Spot, a boy who can’t seem to get dirt off of his shirt and everything else around him; and
The Great Henry McBride, a day-dreaming boy fantasizes about his career choices.




I just love Dr. Seuss! ... He was the inspiration for each of my children to learn how to read.  I remember lying on the floor with my oldest when she was just 2 months old reading "Green Eggs & Ham" to her.  That book would stop her crying when nothing else would.  I read it to her so often that I could recite the entire book from memory ... very useful for crying baby on the go ; )

Dr. Seuss took me and my daughters on such magical adventures from rainy days, with "The Cat in the Hat", to far away foreign lands, with "Oh the Places You'll Go" (my personal favorite).  I loved the short story "What Was I Scared of?" too ... And reading and watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (narrated by Boris Karloff) became a family tradition in our household.  I can't wait to pick up a copy of this newest Dr. Seuss treasure!  Happy reading ya'll:  Share the joy of reading with a child = )




.

No comments: