Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm listening God ...

Someone .... "looking for a classmate" ... left me a comment yesterday, or early today ... regarding my 11 Nov. 2009, Veteran's Day post.

When I read their comment ... I could literally feel the pain that this person was feeling at this very moment in their life.  Instantly, I burst into tears ... probably right along with the author of this comment? I felt as if their pain was squeezing my heart as well. 

I can't explain it ... as I've said before: I have the gift of empathy ... perhaps that is why God, the Creator, also gave me the strong belief in the power of prayer and gift to be able to use prayer in my daily life.  I truly believe in the power of prayer!  Through prayer, I feel as if I can help others to find their wings. 



'A Prayer to God', By Louis Welden Hawkins
(Image courtesy of ArtMagick.com)



Lord knows, that I am about as far from perfect as anyone in this crazy world, but that doesn't matter ... I can still pray and God hears me ... especially when I pray for others.  But I think that the notion that you have to be perfect in order to talk to God is a myth that sorely needs to be shattered.

I've got news for you:  You don't have to be perfect to talk to God.  And you don't have to use fancy words, formal written prayers, or pious rituals ... God is listening and He speaks all languages ... just open your heart and talk to Him ... like you would a good friend over a cup of coffee.  He IS there for you, He cares, and He IS listening.  Go on, give prayer a try: you'd be amazed at the results and it doesn't cost you a thing, so what have you got to loose?


I'm still crying, as I write these words.  I wasn't even going to write today ... I had decided to just be quiet for awhile and just listenI guess, that what God wanted me to hear was that I need to keep praying for others. 

So whoever you are (maybe you'll visit again and leave me your name?  It's easier to pray when you have a name ... after all God says be specific : ) ... the person that left a comment for me today regarding an old JAG classmate:  please know that I am praying for YOU ... honestly and sincerely, from the very bottom of my heart ... for a healing of your pain, in all aspects of your life, and for peace and happiness to find you once again.  So please keep hope!  God Bless you!   And thank you for your warm wishes and blessing for me also.  Your words were truly heartfelt and much appreciated.   : )


Michelle

P.S.  Also please let me know if there is anyway I can assist you in connecting with your classmate.  I would be happy to help if the name mentioned in my post IS the person that you are looking for.  You can leave a personal message for me at ArtMagick.com .  My screename 'Awake'.  Leave your email, name, etc., and I will forward it to a friend who keeps in touch with them  (sorry, not comfortable leaving my email address out here ... the message at ArtMagick ('Contact this Member' box) will be private and forward to my email, without giving out my actual address).




1/12/2010   I am still waiting to see if the message to continue to pray for others ... that my prayers do serve a greater good ... was the only message that I was meant to get from this day ... still listening ...

I think all of us would do well to just stop ... stop the insane pace ... be quiet and just listen ... listen to what the universe ... God ... the Creator ... is trying to say to us in our own lives from time to time.

I think sometimes all of the noise (i.e., false forms of communicating, media bombardment with panic, frenzy and worry, television taking up so much of our free time, the quest for ever more materialism in a false bid for self-worth) just gets in the way of the wonderful beings that God has made us capable of being.

No comments: