Monday, January 28, 2013

Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall ....


Hard for me to get really worked up about politics these days? Kind of feel like an avid sports fan who went to a big game for my favorite sports team, standing in the bleachers and screaming at the top of my lungs --though, in truth, I seldom scream. Well my “team lost” and now, in the aftermath of the big game, I’m left extremely hoarse --and perhaps slightly disillusioned, for a number of reasons.  Guess, I mostly feel like just being quiet, curtailing my political efforts to observing for a time.







Kind of feel like Humpty Dumpty had a great fall and I’m not altogether certain that “all of the King’s men” can “put Humpty Dumpty back together again.” Think I’m just hoping --and praying daily-- that a fierce storm doesn’t come along and completely blow Humpty Dumpty away? Maybe the next set of men … women … will be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, if they can find all of the pieces once again? They may have to fabricate some new pieces when this dust settles … I will say this, however:  It’s still about the economy stupid! And the solution is to open the doors, starting with approval of the Keystone Pipeline (and then moving onto enacting meaningful legislation/incentives that would encourage U.S. companies to bring jobs back into the USA).  In order to get our sputtering economy going once again, we need put people back to work, in real jobs --jobs that will stand the test of time without additional government funding.  More people working will immediately translate into an increased revenue coming into the federal government so that our elected officials can then begin to address other concerns ... And voila: things magically begin to fall into line.  Then again, maybe 4+ years of a lousy economy has conditoned people to think that we "need" BIG Government and that it has all of the answers?

No comments: