Thursday, September 14, 2006

That Special Someone?


Dear Oprah,

I have a wonderful friend. She is the sweetest person I have EVER met in my entire life! She is so honest, genuine, giving and caring to others. Monica has a wonderful personality, a great sense of humor, and she really listens to what others have to say.

Monica comes from a family of 6 children. She has an
older brother and 4 younger sisters. She is now 40
and celebrated the wedding of the last sister -- aside from herself -- in March of this past year, 2006. That sister, Eileen, is now pregnant and expecting a baby in February 2007. (Eileen is a close friend of mine too!)

Monica would make a wonderful mother, and she is
truly happy for her sister, Eileen, but I can tell that Monica is sad -- on the inside -- that she has not yet found a special somebody. She doesn't say it, but I can tell that she wonders -- at this point -- if she ever will find her special someone in time to have children and a family of her own.

Monica has tried numerous "dating services," but nothing has ever gone beyond a first date. Monica is a beautiful woman, but she doesn't take a lot of time to care for herself. Others and myself have tried to lovingly suggest that she try fixing her hair this way or that … or wear a bit of mascara, etc. She just laughs and says I have an allergy to this make-up or that, and I don't have the time, etc. No one really has the heart to just lay it on the line and say that she needs to spend more time on her appearance. I mean looks shouldn't really matter?

One night -- after Eileen's wedding -- my husband and I were talking about Monica, and in the course of the conversation: he says that as sweet as Monica is: "there has to be an initial spark ... a physical attraction that gets you beyond that first date ... that's just how guys are." Then he suggested that I "get her on the Oprah Show."

So here I am -- thanks to my insightful husband -- writing to you, Oprah, to see if you and the Oprah Show can help Monica to find a voice for the inner beauty, that shines so brightly, by helping her to show her outer beauty.

I've attached two recent photos of Monica:
1) the first is of Monica at her sister's wedding, where Eileen has had Monica's hair and make-up done for her (ABOVE:TOP CENTER) ;

2) The second is the normal everyday Monica: the face she shows the world ... a face that is beyond beautiful to those of us who know and love her, but one that is lacking in self-confidence to outsiders (TOP RIGHT).

Monica has a B.S. in Psychology and a Master's degree in Sociology. She works long and hard hours with underprivileged and challenged children in the XXXXXXXX public school system. Monica gives so much so others it would be nice to give something back to her and set her on the path to find her special someone.

Let me know if you can help me to help a wonderful friend and person who truly makes this world a better place to be: Monica!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put her on the show!