Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thank Heaven for Children!

Thank Heaven for children! They keep it real! If you want to get back in touch with reality and what's really important just spend some time with a child -- preferably your own.

Kids don't sugar coat it; they tell it just like it is. They are so positive and upbeat too. As a mother of 3, I know firsthand that they can be a lot of work, but they are worth it!

The other day, I wasn't feeling well and was kind of down. My five-year old colored me a picture of her and me playing at the park under a rainbow. She hands it to me with a confident and sincere smile on her face and says: "Here mommy this will make you feel better. I colored it just for you!" Then, as a tear -- of happiness -- starts to form in my eye, she adds "I REALLY LOVE YOU, MOMMY!" and gives me a BIG hug. We went out in the back yard and played on the swings, threw the ball for our dog, and watered some of our special plants -- she wanted to grow a tomato plant this summer -- and all was right with the world again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that.