Sunday, February 03, 2013

Normal is for other people ....

A friend managed to sum up in words what I have been struggling with of late myself, trying to find normal in my life:


"Jolted from her temporary solace,
she contemplated if normal
might not be just a word,
bouncing around in an orb
of complacency,
Something to be abandoned
Rather than quarreled with
or achieved."  

@2013 DiAnne Ebejer.


This verse is from a brilliant poem by DiAnne Ebejer, titled "Quarreling With Normal" (click on the link to view the entire poem).



"Coloring Outside the Lines!"
@Copyrighted Image, February 2013.  All Rights Reserved: Isabelle Black Smith.



You see, I've let go of a lot of things lately and that's left me feeling out of sorts and almost numb.  I keep telling myself that normal will come again soon, but upon reflection as I look back over life:  I see now that in truth "normal" is not something that I have ever had and maybe at this stage in the game it's time to accept that normal is not something that I will ever have.  It's time to give up that ghost and stop running after something that just doesn't exist.  Besides, I'm all about no boxes ... coloring outside the lines, right?  So why would I ever want "normal" anyhow?  Guess, it's because that is what everyone else around me seems to always be striving for ... where they seem to be happiest ... at peace?  I'll just have to settle for numb for now ... in time that will turn into peace, I think.


2/4/2013  ... Wisdom from my young daughter today, "Normal is average and average is BORING! Take it from me, life is more exciting when you're the weird one in the room." ~EJ

No comments: