Monday, December 18, 2017

Winter Wonderland at 1400 Pennsylvania Ave., D.C.

I have to admit, it takes just about everything I have to get my own house decorated for Christmas before December 25th each year.  Thus, I've never really paid much attention to how the "People's House" (a.k.a. The White House) is decorated each year.  I know the First Lady is usually responsible for setting the theme and overseeing the decorations.  Well, this year I have heard so much negative press about the White House decorations that I just had to check them out for myself.  I found a "White House Christmas Special 2017" on HGTV and sat down to watch with my daughters. 


Image By Way of Getty Images



At the end of viewing I have to say, I was most impressed.  I love the theme of "time honored traditions" and the simple elegance with which this theme was swept through each unique room in the White House.  My daughters especially loved the East Hallway with white arching tree branches and up-lighting.  Reminded them of fresh snowfall in a winter wooded wonderland.  This is often the view looking out into our backyard when we are fortunate enough to receive snow.  Very cool!  Not sure what kind of colored glasses the press/media is wearing these days?  Maybe charcoal grey? But my daughters and I all think the negative press on this year's White House decorations is way off base.  We think the First Lady, Melania Trump, did an amazing job bringing the White House to LIFE this Holiday Season.  We especially love the wreaths adorning each of the White House windows: awesome!  Great job, Mrs. Trump!


Image By Way of IBtimes.co.uk

No comments: