Monday, April 05, 2010

I did survive ...

Just in case anyone was wondering ...

I made it through my surgery.  I'm on the mend ... trying to give up the pain pills today ... not a fun day.  But the worst is hopefully behind me.  Hope to be up to writing once again soon ... lots of resting to do between now and then.  These past few days, I am not surprisingly ABLE to sleep.  Think I'll take advantage of my newfound ability to sleep ... being the insomniac that I typically am.




Have had some really psychedelic dreams ... I am thinking its the pain meds?  Here is the most prevelant dream ...

Song: "Come As You Are", By Nirvana


Me in a black and white world ... some sort of modern garden ... I am wearing a white child's play dress, but I am fully grown.  I am barefoot and I am holding a pinwheel.  I think that I am in color, but the pinwheel is black at rest.  I am smiling and chasing playfully after color ... only it isn't color in the literal sense?  It is more sounds ... motions ... emotions .... ideas?  The pinwheel changes from black ... through shades of gray ... until it glows a blinding white when I unlock a patch of color.   Same dream over and over with slight variations ... any dream interpreters out there?  Not one of my strong suits ... Last night someone else was in the dream for a change ... only their voice was present though ... no body ... no carnate being ... I seem to be big on voices, no?


This song seems to fit with this dream ... I hear music like this in the background of my dream ...

Song: "Come As You Are", By Nirvana

I'm odd, I know ... oh, well ...


Peace ...

M



4/8/2010  I found out from FOX news channel (of all places?!)  that today is the 16 year anniversary of the day that they found the body of the lead singer for the group, Nirvana, Kurt Cobain.  Authorities believe that he had been dead for 2-3 days prior to his being found.  The cause of death was attributed to a heroin overdose.  And I picked this song, on this day?  Coincidence?  I, personally, don't believe in coincidence ... so maybe my dream has something to with this talented artist?

4/12/2010 I was beginning to think that my black and white, post-surgery ... drug-induced (?), psychedelic dream would never resolve because I had stopped taking my pain medication.  ... But last night, the dream did resolve.  If you want to read further ... you'll have to tend my latest garden ... "Roll me once, with highest mark ... then add one and that's a start." ... and "Something I seldom watch ..."

No comments: