Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy 2007! Hope the new year is treating you well thus far and that everyone had a blessed holiday with friends, family and loved ones.

Keep it real in 2007 and remember to be humble. That is my "New Year's Resolution" for 2007. To stop running around like a crazy person trying to check things off of endless lists. To slow down enjoy the moment and just listen.

This outlook has truly given me a sense of inner peace and hope. And I feel that I am on the right track. I read this in our church Christmas bulletin after Christmas Eve mass:

It is an excerpt from a letter from the priest in our sister parish in Honduras . . .

“ The simplicity of the Christmas scene dominated the event. Poverty triumphed preaching the lesson of humility: the etched out cave, the lack of furnishings, the poor couple which could not find rest in the Inn and the curious shepherds who lived in the fields on the outskirts of town. The poor alone are free to approach the poor Christ. They alone entered into the humble dwelling of the Holy Family, without being ashamed of the poverty which surrounded them. They alone on that day were capable of tears and joy, of privations and sweetness, for them alone the angels made haste, to them alone was peace announced.”

Yes, the universe is constantly reminding me in one form, or another, to be humble! And in my "old" (age is relative) age: I’m finally getting it. Some days I still have to be hit over the head a couple of times – just to be reminded -- but I get it now ... wish I had gotten it in my 20's, but better late than never. Of course, it would be easier if everyone got it, but I suppose that’s Heaven -- and it will come soon enough.

Have a humble day. God Bless and inspire you!

No comments: