Monday, January 14, 2019

We Are Not Alone???

Not that I ever believed somehow that we were alone, but up until now nothing has been conclusively proven.  Well all that being said, it turns out that we might just be one step closer to finding out the definitive answer to this very important question.  You see, five days ago [again] the CHIME telescope array in Canada, although not yet fully operational, has detected several repeating radio blasts from deep space known as "fast-radio bursts" (FRBs).


Image Source and additonal story details here: at www.sciencemag.org


Now there are natural phenomena that could account for these bursts such as a star going supernova or information escaping the impending grasp of a black hole.  So scientists will need to rule these sorts of things out, while keeping an ear out for similar sound issuing from the same relative origin.  As an engineer, I would have to add that internal system anomalies will likely have to be ruled out as well, especially given the fact that this system has not yet been fully brought on-line.  But hey, it's still cool to think these FRBs might actually be issuing from some other form of intelligent life in the universe, right? Funny, this discovery seems to have refocused attention on how we, humans, would make long distance space journeys given our current technology.  To my way of thinking, however, they will find us first and then we will gain the technology we need to begin our own manned exploration of deep space.

Have a great day, and don't forget to Look UP!  Looking up always seems to remind me that we are just a small part of a greater and universal, all-encompassing whole.  If we're all connected somehow, then we can never truly 'be' alone, right? =))))))

~M

1/17/2019  Some food for thought ... Apparently the next generation of CERN-type super-collider is already is the works.  CERN has a 21 mile radius, whereby many of the yet to be discovered subatomic particles have heretofore alluded detection.  The next generation CERN would have a whopping 62 mile radius, thereby opening the doorway to whole new world of subatomic particles discovery.  Why is this relevant to the above discussion? Because if we were to ever have a chance of of reaching our nearest neighboring galaxy--the Andromeda galaxy-- potentially capable of being home to other intelligent life in the universe, we would likely need a sub-atomic particle fuel source.  Apparently, subatomic particle 'fuel' the size of a basketball would be sufficient to propel our ships all the way to Proxima Centauri (a how 10 year journey, given a sub-atomic particle fuel source), the large star at the center of the Alpha Centauri System.

1/22/2019 The Pentagon has working with calculations for the "Drake Equation"??? 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind
of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled
upon this website. Studying this info So i am glad to exhibit that I've a very good uncanny feeling
I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot no doubt will make certain to do not overlook this website and give
it a glance regularly.

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

So happy you found what you were looking for. = ) Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. Best to you!

Anonymous said...

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness on your put up is simply great and that i can suppose you're an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission allow me to grasp your feed to stay updated
with drawing close post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the enjoyable work.

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so glad I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was
browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to
say kudos for a incredible post and a all round thrilling
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all
at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have
time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep
up the awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Hi there excellent website! Does running a blog such as this
take a large amount of work? I've no expertise in programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

Anyhow, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share.

I understand this is off subject nevertheless I just needed to ask.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, its good piece of writing concerning media print,
we all be aware of media is a impressive source of information.

Anonymous said...

It's enormous that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing
as well as from our argument made at this place.

Anonymous said...

Great article. I am facing some of these issues as well..

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other wonderful post. The place
else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal means of writing?
I have a presentation next week, and I'm on the search for such information.

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to obtain a good deal from this post then you have to apply
such strategies to your won weblog.

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Love all of the awesome and inspiring comments! So happy to have you all visit and I truly appreciate your input. Look forward to hearing your thoughts and inputs on future articles should you care to add your own thoughts to the conversation. Best to you!

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources
back to your blog? My blog site is in the
very same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from
a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if
this okay with you. Cheers!