Thursday, October 11, 2018

Schooling the Mainstream Media?

"Definition of mob (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : a large and disorderly crowd of people especially : one bent on riotous or destructive action.  " ~Miriam Webster Dictionary entry


The circle of mainstream media denials of the above definition would, surprisingly enough, have you believe otherwise?

Do not the rights to Free Speech of an individual end whereupon they begin to infringe upon, or worse yet endanger another person? In the absence of the latter standard we lose all hope for civility not only in our politics, but in nearly every aspect of our daily lives. An acceptance of this mob-mentality behavior outright disregards the very principles upon which our representative democracy was founded and our leaders on both sides of the political aisle have an obligation to denounce this type of behavior as being unacceptable, falling well outside the realm of Free Speech and the right to PEACEFUL Protest.  If shouting down those who happen to disagree with us on philosophical or political issues --especially when going about the business of our private lives-- with simplistic, repetitive mono-syllabic rantings in the absence of meaningful facts and mutual dialogue becomes the new acceptable norm in America we will have turned a very sad corner in our nation's history.  And when we add violence to this mob behavior we run the risk of needlessly endangering lives.

Keep this in mind when your cast your mid-term ballot in November.  Is your vote going to be for dismantling meaningful dialogue, bending to the will of a mob-like "acquiescence or be crushed" mentality moving forward in our nation ? Or will you find the courage within yourself to think and act outside box, choosing to vote for candidates --be they Democrat, Independent or Republican-- who put forth action-based ideas that will  make your life tangibly better in terms of economics and security? And finally, please do consider this: Do you really want to live in country where you no longer have right to independent thought? In my humble opinion, the right to independent thought is not only unique as  a key founding principle of our nation, but independent thought is essential for our individual spiritual evolution.  Independent thought (and individual accountability) is the cornerstone upon which a foundation for a return to sacredness in our daily lives is built.

8 comments:

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Greetings! Nice to hear from you. Setting up a blog with Blogger is probably one of the easiest, not to mention the most highly customizable platforms you will encounter today. The Blogger team is dedicated to delivering a high quality product and they are constantly working to make on-going improvements with new tools, features and add-on gadgets. For detailed info on how to start your own Blog with Blogger, please refer to my lengthy comment on my post "Universe Can a Cruel Teacher" a few weeks back. There are also other blogs and webistes with detailed tips and "how to's" on-line via Google Search. Best to you and Happy Blogging!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll
be book-marking it and checking back regularly!

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found
this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

Anonymous said...

Hello to every one, because I am really
keen of reading this web site's post to be updated on a regular basis.

It contains nice stuff.

Anonymous said...

After looking at a handful of the blog articles on your
web site, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog.

I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future.
Take a look at my website too and let me know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Attractive element of content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to claim that I
acquire actually loved account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing in your feeds or even I success you access constantly fast.

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Thank you! Appreciate your stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. Best to you!

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

As for checking your website, you will need to leave me the link to your site. Then of course, I will stop by and have a look.