Thursday, October 29, 2009

Which U.S. University has the downright UGLIEST school colors?

Just FYI:  I am a very supportive, football watching wife -- college football anyway.  I know the scoring, the objective and most of the rules.  I would even cheer for my husband's team (UF) over mine (UT) if they wind up playing each other for the National Title -- sorry UT, UF is going for the 'team of the decade' ... just the way cookie crumbles this year.  That being said, let's just say when you're sick your perspective changes a little ...

While being forced to watch yet another college football game, my foggy, bored, flu-ridden mind begins to wander.  Ken, my husband, is watching the Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina college football game. Big surprise, right?  I wonder if the flu (fever) is affecting my eyesight?! Can Virginia Tech really be wearing such a horrid combination of colors? Who in their sober, right mind would put two such clashing colors as deep burgundy and bright pumpkin orange together?




I drag my sick self off the couch in order to get a better look at the TV screen. Yep,I wasn't hallucinating?!  The team's colors truly were deep burgundy and bright pumpkin orange. I ask Ken if he has the colors on his baby, 52" plasma properly adjusted? He isn't amused and ignores me.

I collapse back onto the couch and wonder to myself: Which U.S. University has the downright ugliest school colors? From what I've seen so far this season: I nominate Virginia Tech. What's your opinion? If I get enough submissions, perhaps we can put it to a final vote. : )

On that note: GO GATORS!

By the way, I do happen to like the GATORS' color pairing, but then I may be biased?!

Later,

M

P.S. 

Here is a link to a complete list of 4-yr. college / university school colors: http://www.ssur.org/research/CollegeColorsNicknames/FourYear/FourYear.htm


Results so far:  What's your opinion?  We'll put top 3 worst to a vote ...

Me "Virginia Tech!"

Ken says he hates U of Texas Colors:  "Burnt Orange and Boring White?!"  [I think he just sees UT as a potential rival for upcoming National Title.]

"North Carolina's colors are boring ... and baby blue?  Feminine?!"

"LSU.  Purple?"

"Brown University.  Seal brown and cardinal white."

No comments: