Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Watchmen" The Movie





Life is better today! Finally saw "Watchmen" on DVD last night. Ken had read the graphic novel -- reads all of these. We were too busy to see the movie in the theaters, however, so we've anxiously been awaiting its release on DVD.


If you liked the movie, you should try reading the graphic novel. Ken really enjoyed it, but I have to warn you: it's a long novel! Ken likes the internal conflict of a "hero" having to struggle with his dark side. In truth, I think that having a dark side is just part of human nature. We all have one. Some of us are just better at keeping our dark side at bay than others. But, I digress ...

Ken gave "Watchmen" a 6, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest marks). He said that the end differed slightly from the novel. It was a bit out there for my tastes; I'd give it a 4. But, I thought that the soundtrack rocked: Lots of 70's music!


Here is the soundtrack thanks to the efforts of another blogger:

http://www.musicistheheartofoursoul.com


(Her site supposedly has a link to download the soundtrack?)


Track Listing:01 - My Chemical Romance - Desolation Row 03:0102 - Nat King Cole - Unforgettable 03:2803 - Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin’ 03:1404 - Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound Of Silence 03:0705 - Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee 04:3206 - K.C. & The Sunshine Band - I’m Your Boogie Man 04:0407 - Billie Holiday - You’re My Thrill 03:2508 - The Philip Glass Ensemble - Pruit Igoe & 08:38Prophecies09 - Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah 04:3810 - Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower 04:0211 - Budapest Symphony Orchestra - Ride Of The 05:22Valkyries12 - Nina Simone - Pirate Jenny 06:39


The Jimi Hendrix song is awesome! Check it out on my tunes link or go to http://www.playlist.com/
and type: 'Jimi Hendrix, All Along The Watchtower', in the search pane.

I'll try posting a direct link here to the song here?
[To hear songs posted in my blog, click on the streampad bar at the bottom of this window.]


("Experience Music Project" (EMP), in Seattle, Washington, has an awesome Jimi Hendrix exhibit. Did you know that he was left handed? He learned to play a right-handed guitar upside down, in order to hold it left handed. Is that talent or what?! If you're in that part of the country be sure to check out the EMP. My kids had a blast there (me too)! Here's the link for the EMP: http://www.empsfm.org/)
Quote: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace." ~Jimi Hendrix



Later ...

No comments: