Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Prayer ...


'A Prayer to God', By Louis Welden Hawkins (Image Courtesy of ArtMagick.com)


Recently found out that another friend of mine has a father with cancer.  Never easy news to get or digest.  You want to empathize ... and be sincere, but there is no way of really knowing, or feeling, what those impacted by this terrible news truly feel.  Difficult. 

One thing that I can do, however, is to pray.  I truly believe in the power of prayer.  I've personally seen it work too many times not to believe.  So, I have begun praying again. 

Times like these remind me, that I have so much to be grateful for ... that my own personal problems pale significantly by comparison to someone who is now in position to take on the fight of their life ... and to those who will fight by their side.

Times like these remind me how important connections are ...


God Bless you Paul and your father.  Know that I'll be storming Heaven for you!

Michelle


"The pursuit of knowledge is a joy, often producing unexpected treasures along the way. If however, I had to choose between faith and knowledge: I would not hesitate to give up knowledge. For without my faith and a direct connection to a Creator, I would be but an empty shell that would quickly shrivel up and simply blow away in the winds of nothingness." ~Me 11/17/09

No comments: