Sunday, April 26, 2020

Messages of HOPE in the midst of a pandemic ....

I had a 'vision' of HOPE the day before yesterday.  Then today while out running errands I saw a man I've often seen running.  Today, however, this man had an American flag trailing behind him as he ran along the rural highway.  In his hands, out in front of him, he carried yet another flag mounted upon a pole.   I don't know why, but witnessing this scene overwhelmed me with such a profound a sense of HOPE.  This man's efforts spoke not only of patriotism and the notion that we are "all in this together" --at a time when this is sorely needed--  but that somehow we, as a nation, are running a marathon with respect to Covid-19.  We have to pace ourselves, lest we run out of steam and find ourselves unable to finish this race.  That being said, I think we are beginning to turn the corner on this pandemic. ... And no, I didn't have my evil appendage of a cell phone with me, so sorry but I've no photograph to share.  Instead I'll post a photo and a video of other men running with American flags.  Apparently many people across the nation are taking up our nation's flag as an inspirational show of national unity during this time of great upheaval.  Great stories!  God Bless and keep these messengers of HOPE!  God Bless and keep us all during this challenging time of profound change.






Moorsetown New Jersey Man Runs With American Flag Everyday

Atlanta Georgia Man Runs With American Flag Everyday

No comments: