Monday, April 23, 2018

Embracing a willingness to consider "both sides of truth"

In keeping with my challenge to embrace a willingness to consider "both sides of truth" --knowing full well there are at times more than just two sides to truth-- I am attempting to complete my reading of the Qu'ran from cover to cover, with additional insights from noteworthy religious scholars.  I want to be able understand arguments that are put forth, so I have some reference for the source and context of their "truth."  I have to say that there are passages in this holy book that are truly moving.  Some passages speak to me on a profoundly deeper level while others have moved me to tears, tears of hope and joy.  There is definitely a beauty of truth to be found within these words to be certain, just as there is truth to be found within the passages of the Bible.  I am amazed at many of the areas of overlap between the Bible and the Qu'ran, with respect to stories, traditions and historical events.  Hopefully, by the end of my study/reading I will become a bridge to understanding for people of different faiths?  This world of ours could surely use more bridges ......

No comments: