Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Tradegy in Las Vegas

The emotions I have been experiencing with respect to the mass shooting in Vegas, late Sunday evening --I saw these images streaming in live, as I happened to be up-- have been just too raw to allow me to write anything meaningful here.  I have found that when emotions are running high, logic and reason really don't stand much of a chance. So instead I have chosen to remain quiet, to think and to pray, while reflecting upon the senseless loss of life and praying for the healing of those most in need.

The images and video from the night of the attack show the courage of Americans coming together during the time of crisis, in order to help one another, as the gunfire rained down from above.  These acts of bravery and selflessness are so profoundly inspiring to me.  Despite the backdrop of tragedy and loss, the selfless heroism and action of so many brave men and women helped to save countless lives, and this really highlights the best of what is to be found among Americans, I think.  This is what we should be focused on right now, in the immediate aftermath of tragedy, not politicization of tragedy in order to advance a political agenda.  The latter is truly reprehensible and it speaks to the worst of what is to found in America.

I commend the Trump Administration for realizing that there is a time to mourn, a time for healing of the injured and the bereaved, before moving on to political discussions regarding gun control and actions to help prevent future such attacks on our nations many vulnerable soft-targets.  When the proper time for political discussion ensues, I am confident that with an honest and open dialogue we will be able to find common ground, rooted in facts, toward the end of outlining meaningful solutions to help prevent future such attacks in our nation.

10/31/2017 This has conspiracy written all over it, metaphysically speaking.  More will soon come to light, I hope and suspect.  Wondering what Steven Padock's middle name is?

No comments: