Sunday, July 14, 2013

Jelly Bean Jars

I remember those guessing games we used to play when I was a kid.  A teacher or parent at a party filled a jar with candy --jelly beans, candy corns, butterscotch, M&Ms-- and then the kids would have to guess how many of a given item there were in the jar.  I don't know why, but I always wound up winning those jars?  Guess, I am highly attuned  when it comes to spatial awareness and visualizing objects.  I've always had a thing for numbers too ... often times I have an easier time memorizing someone's license plate or telephone number over their name.  Odd, right?  But that's me in a nutshell.



 


Anyway, I've found it amusing to watch my blog slowly tick its way along to 100,000 page views.  Kind of like those jars full of jelly beans when I was a kid.  About six months ago my blog hit 60,000 page views.  At the time, I thought it would be cool to log in to witness the exact 60,000 page view and as luck would have it -- logging in 1-2 times each day-- I did watch the counter turn to 60,000 right on the money.  I hadn't really thought too much about when my blog would roll over to 100,000 mark. ... too much going on for me these days.  Guess, I was kind of hoping that I'd turn 100,000 before year's end, but never expected it'd be this soon. I'm at  99,862  page views tonight and likely tomorrow or the next day I'll be at 100,000.  What a ride? ; )  Other people must need a place to reflect and clear their heads as well.  So much is going on in our world these days, isn't there?  Sometimes it's hard to find a quiet moment to stop and take it all in.

A special thanks to the Blogger team for providing such awesome, cutting-edge tools for sharing thoughts and ideas in today's technological world.  You all are amazing and truly appreciated!! 

~M

No comments: