Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Changing of the Guard, Paradigm Shift ....

We are presently witnessing a profound shift in the power-wielding dynamics of our western society, a "changing of the guard" if you will.  I think for the first time in our nation's history we are poised to embrace the truly egalitarian society, we were always meant to be.  That being said, this paradigm shift will require vigilance from all of our citizens, in all walks of life.  Therefore, I urge you, each and every one to stay informed and to seek truth from multiple sources.  Do not be led or distracted, like sheep, by false narratives.  Do not shy away from important conversations and let your voice be heard!

12/2/2017  Just wondering when or if the digital power-wielding paradigm will also begin to shift?  Everyone may have a platform to 'be heard' these days, but given the recent evidence of suppression, on the part of providers,  and the proliferation of "fake news" stories on social media platforms:  I'd have to say that what's being heard on-line is anything but fair or balanced.  The latter aside, I love the way President Trump is able to circumvent the main-stream media with his Twitter account.  Granted, I don't always like the way he says things, but I love that the President has a found a way to take his message directly to "we the people."  Trump's tweets, to my way of thinking, are the modern-day equivalent of FDR's "fire-side" chats, albeit a bit more colorful in nature and not always wholly 'presidential'.  Then again, Trump seems to be redefining what it means to be presidential.  And despite the mainstream media's near-meltdown response, the world keeps spinning madly on ... Go figure?  I didn't vote for a President Trump, but given the response of the Left since the election --or rather the lack of any meaningful fact/action based response-- I have to say that Trump is slowly winning me over.  That being said, I think  Trump's surrogate at FCC revoking net-neutrality will only further serve to dismantle the dissemination of balanced truth via digital on-line mediums.  

12/30/17  God Bless, keep and guide the brave men and women in the country of Iran who have awakened from slumber and now struggle to have their voices heard toward the end of taking control of their own lives.  Their courage in the face of extreme adversity gives hope for a brighter future for their country, their children and their children's children.  I sense a benevolent energy acting their behalf this time, an energy I have not felt before.  This time, I truly feel as if change IS possible.

No comments: