Friday, September 28, 2012

Lacking Pretense ...



"Some lose all mind and become soul, insane.
Some lose all soul and become mind, intellectual.
Some lose both and become accepted.”

~Charles Bukowski










Listening to my favorite 70's era tunes on my Spotify playlist right now.  Think that's why I love this music so much:  it's completely lacking in pretense.  "Don't Fear the Reaper" ... Blue Oyster Cult.  Love this song!  Hmmm ... Death has no pretense.  He employs no guise or means of deceit ... Death is perhaps the one truth we all share?  I happened to write a poem about dealing with the loss of a loved one the other day.  It's titled "Empty Chair."  Perhaps I'll share it with you here one day ... Me, I'm perfectly at ease with Death.  As I've said before, Death and Isabelle are old friends.  There are many types of death to my way of thinking and I suppose that's fitting, seeing as there are conversely many types of love.  It's all about balance, is it not?


8 comments:

Unknown said...

i find myself in the unique position of find both, guess i might be a bit of an insane intellectual who is NOT acepted. This is fine by me

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

I personally happen to think that those who were meant to shape and change the world in some small way are never fully ever "accepted" by this world. The burning flame of our passion and/or vision is what fuels us and that in and of itself has to be enough to sustain us. But we're in great company, right? Just look at those who came before us. =)

Anonymous said...

Υoս should take part in a contest for one of the
finest sites on the internet. I'm ɡoing tο recommend this site!

read this : How To Password Protect FolԀer Fгom Scratch

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate your compliment and also your taking the time to share. Please don't enter my site into any contests though. "Winning", competition is just not in my nature or something that appeals to me. I write mostly to clear my head and maybe to help others consider another perspective from time to time. At least two sides there are to every truth? If I can make just one person stop for a moment, slow the pace in this frantic life so many of us lead and look at something from a viewpoint they had not heretofore considered then all my efforts (sharing) here are well worth my time. Be the ripples of change you hope to see in the world around. Thank you for stopping by. Blessing to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really recognize what you are talking approximately!
Bookmarked. Please also consult with my website =). We can have a
hyperlink trade arrangement among us

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Welcome! Sure. I can do that. Are you Blackhatworren.blogspot.com? Your site is not showing in the comment for some reason.

Anonymous said...

It's impressive that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph
as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

Anonymous said...

I go to see everyday some sites and websites to read posts,
except this webpage presents quality based writing.