Thursday, April 19, 2012

Power of LOVE: Hope for Mankind ...

I have been thinking a lot about Death lately, for personal reasons. I just feel the circle of the dance with Death closing its distance upon me for some reason. But no worries:  I am not afraid of Death. He and I are old friends. … Anyhow, I guess, that my thoughts on Death were enhanced by the celebration of Easter and contemplating Jesus’s willingness to die, on the cross, for our sins.

Jesus's willingness to die for our sins:  that is truly some gift to give to bestow upon mankind, is it not? And clearly, this was not a gift bestowed because of our worthiness, but rather it was a gift given of pure selflessness … bestowed for no other rather reason than sheer and unconditional ♥LOVE ♥ .







… “Unconditional”… I wonder how many of us can honestly say that we apply this criteria to our dealings with others in our own lives? With everything that is going on in the world today, all of the chaos, sin and corruption. Sometimes, I wonder what it would take to “save” the world today? What about just saving a piece of the world in some small way? I wonder, if I were called to give my life as a sacrifice to save the lives of others –even just a few lives … maybe even the lives of total strangers—would I be willing answer this call? Would you?

After much thought and contemplation, I think, I can honestly say that I would be willing to sacrifice my own life … even if it would change or save just one life. I guess, at my core, I have a unyielding belief in man’s capacity for good ... and this despite everything that I have been through in my own life.

Well maybe reading these thoughts gives you HOPE for this world of ours after all?  There are good people in this world, and I’d like to think that the good people outnumber the bad influences and corruption. Maybe that’s naive, but I like to look at it as having Hope for mankind. Maybe Hope and Faith (and alot of prayer!), tide you over until the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power … And a wise man once said: 









“When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power,
    then the world will know true Peace.” ~Jimi Hendrix




Now that would be SOME WORLD to live in ...





P.S.  In case you were wondering my words are still flowing.  I'd say I'm about halfway through with the new novel.  Channeling this one has been quite a ride thus far.  At this rate, I could finish my write by the end of summer.  Wouldn't that be something? Well, you know me: ever hopeful ... "the hopeless dreamer" as I have often been called, but I don't mind.  I couldn't live in a world void of dreams, even if that means that the bad dreams come hand in hand with the good dreams. Joyful day ya'll! =)

No comments: