Friday, April 06, 2012

Misfit, that is ME ...


Easter is this very weekend ... "I am not ready for Easter."  Well, that’s what my rational, thinking brain says.  My heart says, “Easter is a gift!”  You don’t have to be ‘ready’ for a gift, right?  You just accept it, embrace it … show gratitude for what you’ve been given  … And ‘Forgiveness’ that’s some awesome gift, is it not?

Perhaps, Easter serves as a reminder to each of us that we need to pass this amazing gift of ‘Forgiveness’ along to others in our lives.  I, personally, have found that forgiveness can change lives, so pass it on! I think this world could be a better place with more forgiveness.




"Misfit that is ME"
Photo By My Daughter, Bethany.




With this reflection, perhaps the misfit that is me is ready for Easter after all?  Happy Easter, ya’ll!!  May you feel our Creator’s warm embrace this Easter weekend and may Jesus’s willingness to die for our sins encourage each of us to embrace Forgiveness in our own lives.  He's not waiting for us to be 'perfect'; He'll take us just the way we are.  =)

                                               

Peace & Much Love,

M









"Good Friday:  Shadow of Death"
Photo By ME & EJ









P.S. Interestingly enough, it seems that Orthodox religions will celebrate Easter next weekend and not this weekend.   Maybe that's why I don't feel ready?  I'm just not spiritually in alignment with the calender of Western Christian Religions?  ... Well it's a thought .... Here's a link with additional reading on the differences between the two calenders and rationale behind each, if you're interested in knowing more.

No comments: