Friday, April 27, 2012

Chasing Butterflies, Ladybugs & Sleep ...


I have just discovered a new 'natural' sleep aid.  It is called "Deep Sleep" and it is made from extract of California Poppy.  I was skeptical at first, because most natural sleep aids have little effect on me.  They make me drowsy and sometimes take the edge off, but my natural instinct is to fight sleep ... so they usually don't help me to actually sleep.  The latter aside, I am willing to try new things because I don't like taking medicines of any sort --especially sleeping pills-- long term. 









So I gave this "Deep Sleep", natural sleep aid  a try.  It takes awhile to kick in, but when it does it knocks you out.  It kept me out for a good 6 hours, which is a good night of sleep for me.  It took me awhile to shake off the grogginess afterwards too, but maybe my body just needs to get used to this new input?  I need to do some more research on this form of sleep aid.  I mean don't they make hard core drugs from poppies?  Opium, heroin?  So I have to wonder if taking this sleep aid will have detrimental side effects in the long run?  But in the meantime, I may see some nights with more than 3 (or zero) hours of sleep --and zero seems to be my norm of late-- in my immediate future.  I guess that's something, right??????





Photo of my own feet shortly?




I love poppies ... always have.  Used to love running barefoot through fields of these, in Northern California, chasing after butterflies and lady bugs =) ... So perhaps it is fitting that poppies are now enabling me to find peace in the form of restful, regenerative sleep.

Here's a song that seems to go rather well with chasing butterflies, sleep or whatever you may be after.  This song has such an upbeat whimsical, almost child-like innocence to it, from my perspective ... Have a fabulous weekend, ya'll!

~M



Song: "Wax & Wire", By Loch Lomond


2 comments:

Herryponting said...

Good one..
Hylands Calms Forte

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

I see that you deal with herbal medicines. Do you think that extract of poppy is safe to take then? Thank you for stopping by : )