Saturday, November 05, 2011

Shades of Blue ...

Took some close-up photos of a beautiful bunch of vivid yellow Gerber Daisies I received a few days back.  These flowers were truly beautiful!  They had long, long, thick stems and layers upon layers of detailed textured petals, with a fuzzy neon-green velvety center.  They reminded me a bit of the sun shining in all of its splendor.  My photographs turned out okay, but yellow has always been my nemesis to photograph for some reason? Thus, I am already predisposed to NOT being thrilled with the outcome when it comes to photographing "yellow."

Still, I guess, the shots of this bunch of cheerful flowers turned out 'okay' ...That being said, the artist in me had to do more.  So I did some painting on the original yellow flowers and this is what I came up with.  I was in a really 'BLUE' mood today.  You think that came through in my work? ; )





"Shades of BLUE ..."  (low res.)
@Copyrighted Photograph, 2011.  All Rights Reserved:  Isabelle Black Smith.




I've always believed that you listen to the music that suits your mood ... With that in mind, here's a classic song for 'blue' from the poetic Don McLean:  (song link disabled).  Song: American Pie "The lovers cried and the poets dreamed, but not a word was spoken.  The church bells all were broken ... The day the music died."  Love Don McLean. I rode with him in a limo, once, back in college (long story). He is a truly gifted soul.



Have a great weekend : ) 

Peace & Love ♥





P.S.  Have since discovered a really fabulous analysis of this famous song by Don McLean.  The author claims McLean seems to be remaining silent as to the actual meanings, leaving interpretation of this iconic song open to his fans.  From what I came to know of McLean, that sounds about right.  He wasn't much of a talker.  He seemed happiest when he had a guitar in his hands, finding his words through his music.  ... Well have a look at this ongoing analysis and judge for yourself as to the legitimacy of the interpretations offered.  Some fascinating back-story and history there:   The Annotated "American Pie".

No comments: