Monday, November 14, 2011

Praying for a friend who is undergoing a life changing surgery today ...

A dear friend of mine is undergoing surgery today for breast cancer today. She is such a strong and loving soul. So many depend on her and now she must depend on those that she loves. I can't even begin to fully imagine all that she must going through, but I have faith that she will find the peace and strength that she needs in God. We've never met in person, but I consider her and her husband dear friends nonetheless.  I feel so helpless sometimes wanting to be able to do more for them, but I know that I can do one very important thing and that is to storm heaven with prayers and good intentions for them.





@Copyrighted Photograph, 2011.  All Rights Reserved.





My Grandmother who passed away just a little over a year ago gave me her rosary a few years ago. She knew that of all of the grandchildren that I would be the one to carry on her tradition of prayer ... like her and her mother before her. This rosary, now my rosary, used to belong to my grandmother's mother (my great grandmother) before her. So we are now three generations in prayer and many petitions have been sent to heaven by way of these simple beads and imperfect hands. I do firmly believe in the power of prayer ... of sending my thoughts and energy, by way of the grace and power of a Creator unto another ... The power I know comes from God, not from the beads. The rosary beads are merely a tool I use to focus my mind and spirit more fully in prayer. I'd also like to think that perhaps my grandmother and my great-grandmother join me in prayer for the needs of others when I pray using their rosary and perhaps their sisters (also in heaven) join us in prayer as well.



I just finished saying my rosary for you, Beth.  May God Bless you and hold you in His loving arms as you undergo this life-saving ... life-changing ... surgery. You and your husband will be in my ongoing thoughts and prayers for strength and peace. God Bless you both and ALL women, everywhere, who must take up this cross.





Love & Ongoing Prayers,

Michelle



11_17_2011 ... My photography friend posted this as his status update on Monday evening after the surgery.  I wanted to check with him before sharing his words here with you.  His wife, Beth, is such an incredible woman and an inspiration to others.  I am so happy that she came through the surgery wonderfully and that she still has her beautiful strength of spirit and Love going strong. 

Here's what my friend had to say ... "I swear to God the almighty, I am sitting here with tears of JOY. Beth is fine!!! Honestly I am crying and can barely type. I can't even begin to explain the feelings I am having now. I've been strong all day and been going on 4 hours sleep. I just got home from the hospital and as I was leaving, Beth was teaching... a student nurse how to do something. This woman is the most incredible person I have ever met. We want to thank God for everything He has given us and that includes all of you wonderful people. I have never in my life felt so much love from so many. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. We love you all. Peace, Love and may God bless you."

Will be keeping both you and Beth in my ongoing prayers, Rick.  God Bless!!




12/2011  I have another dear friend on FB who also underwent surgery for breast cancer a few months back.  Her positive outlook and energy are truly inspiring!!  Sheila has also been in my ongoing thoughts and prayers and I have said rosaries for her as well.  God Bless you, Sheila.  Peace & Ongoing LOVE and Strength to you, my dear friend.

No comments: