Sunday, October 23, 2011

A walk along a deserted beach before twilight ...

I don't think this is my poem ... While walking along a deserted beach at twilight this evening, with my camera, I came upon this lone figure fishing in the waters of the Sound, with slow, methodical, determined intention and these words just came to me.  Perhaps, this is the fisherman's poem?





@Copyrighted Poem, 2011.  All Rights Reserved:  Isabelle Black Smith.
(Location:  Puget Sound, WA USA)





"Alive"


I welcome it ...
If hurt permeates
Trickles deep,
Deep down inside.

I welcome it ...
Even while fearing
Its power to split
Me open wide.

I welcome it ...
The hurt,
The pain,
Processing
the feelings.

I welcome it ...
Even if the entire
Experience leaves Me
Once more reeling ...

I welcome it ...
Because at least
I know that
I am still alive.

Hardness has
Not settled here
And somehow
I will survive.



@Copyrighted Poem, 2011.  All Rights Reserved:  Isabelle Black Smith.





All that is heard need not be spoken ....



.


My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in Turkey affected by the 7.2 magnitude earthquake.  I have several photography friends who live and work in Turkey.  I am anxiously awaiting to hear that they are all doing okay ... Ati, Tahsin, Bekir, and Fikret.


10/27/2011  I have heard back from my friends in Turkey and thankfully they are all doing okay.  I am so thankful!   I will continue to pray for healing and recovery for those who were not so fortunate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this poem and the picture also as you were walking along the beach.More than words can say.(to quote you all that is heard need not be spoken)Thank you for sharing.Much Love,Lisa

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Thank you, Lisa. I knew that you could relate to this notion ... "All that is heard need not be spoken." Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leaven me such a wonderful comment. Peace & Much Love to you, My Dear Friend.