Monday, October 31, 2011

Ghostly Sunset ...

Happy Halloween ... Embrace your inner child.  Pause and lighten your hearts for awhile.  SMILE : )  Enjoy dressing up and trick-or-treating.  Be safe.  Peace & Much Love to ALL.  ♥




[image removed for editing]
 
 
 
"Ghostly Sunset" (low res.)
@Copyrighted Photograph, 2011.  All Rights Reserved.




I took this photo on Saturday evening at twilight.  It had been drizzling off and on all day.  Then  Out of nowhere the sky just magically came to life.  I barely had enough time to grab my camera, point and shoot before God's breathtaking painting had vanished into a sullen blanket of deep indigo.  Now a 'real' photographer might be upset that there wasn't time for setting up a tripod or to tweak with the camera for optimum settings ... Me, I think the ghosting effect in the tree branches (due to longer exposure time and the camera being hand-held vs. tripod) is wicked cool and tres apropos for Halloween.  This capture is very mysterious and magical to my way of thinking, and you know me ... I just love it when conditions are ripe for the mysterious and magical to awaken from slumber.   Happy Halloween, ya'll!

No comments: