Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Take my hand and walk with me awhile ...

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it fall ... does it in reality fall? 




@Copyrighted Photo, 2010. All Rights Reserved: Isabelle Black Smith.

"Angel Descending the steps of Heaven"






"Take My Hand and Walk With Me Awhile"


I stand here before you, empty of hand.
Alas, I have nothing tangible to offer.
No past that I can rightly cling to as being my own.
No future to hold onto, nor reason for my being,
Save this here ... this now ... this thought
And a simple wish:
That peace of body, mind and spirit be intertwined
In the momentary making of this knowing that is me.

Ever changing, never fixed, I wonder as I wander
Through this journey, we call "life",
Waiting to be woven into the transitory purpose at hand.
Clear of mind, free of spirit, pure of heart,
I strive only to see the beauty that abounds.
I am an empty vessel waiting to be filled.
Take my hand and walk with me awhile ...


@Copyrighted Poem, 2010. All Rights Reserved:  Isabelle Black Smith.





... And I finally understand now, almost a full year later, why this statue has only one hand ....

No comments: