Wednesday, November 24, 2010

National Opt out Day for Airline Travelers

I can't wait to see how the National Opt out Day for passengers traveling via commercial airlines in the U.S. works out.  I feel for those trying to get to their loved ones in time to celebrate Thanksgiving, but in truth Thanksgiving is just a day ... and so much more is at stake with our essential liberties on the line.

I will be praying for those brave enough to make a stand.  More power to you and God Bless!!

Maybe we still are the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE?




Well according to a friend of mine who travelled from Chicago, Illinois International Airport, the TSA agents were only randomly picking people for the pat-down.  My friend said, someone was in the body scanner with a line waiting for scans.  Someone else was being patted down, in front of her.  Then, the TSA agent waved her and 3 other women through ... meaning that they did not have to undergo either the body scan or the full body pat-down.  Seems the TSA is set to avoid any complications or system slow downs on one of the busiest travel days of the year.

Maybe we're now the land of hypocrites?


P.S.  The icing on my cake this holiday season?  My twelve year old asks me why we, as Americans, celebrate Thanksgiving when America later stole the Indians lands, food sources, and way of life ... driving the "lucky ones?" to a miserable life on tiny government reservations?  Yeah ... Happy Thanksgiving ... I'll think on it for awhile, maybe I can find an upside ... We do have Native American Indian blood in our family a few generations back.

No comments: