Monday, March 22, 2010

Repeal Healthcare Reform "Law"!


Whatever happend to Government of the PEOPLE,
By the PEOPLE, For the PEOPLE?
Have our elected officials FORGOTTEN THIS?


It boggles my mind ... 2/3 of Americans (per polling data) ... and probably actually more than that in reality ... DO NOT WANT government controlled Healthcare Reform. Yet, the Democratic controlled Senate and now, as of late last night, U.S. House of Representatives have both passed Healthcare Reform Bills ... THAT ARE NOW LAW!  The days of limited government, 'of the people, by the people and for the people' seem to be coming an end?!! That scares the hell out of me!!  How about you?

ARE YOU NOT ENRAGED? ARE YOU GOING TO JUST SIT THERE AND TAKE IT?!!!

Well, "what can we do now " ...right?   "It's already done and done is done." ...right?  WRONG! You can do many things. For starters: Write your Representatives and Senators, if they voted in support of Healthcare Reform, and tell that you intend to hold them accountable for their vote when they come up for re-election. Now granted, not all will be up for reelection this year, Nov. 2010, but their time will come and when it does: YOU VOTE THEM OUT!

The second thing that you can do is to support other candidates ... even those not in your district or state ... who support the ideals and values that you believe in ... who DO represent the people that elected them to office (see Senator John McCain's letter below).

Lastly, you can write to your Representatives and Senators and tell them that you want this newly passed Healthcare Reform Law REPEALED, on the grounds that it goes against the will of the majority of U.S. citizens.

Find Your U.S. Senator
How to find and contact your U.S. Senator

Find Your Representative ...
Find Your U.S. Rep

Write Directly to Your Representative ...
Write Your U.S. Rep


On-line Petition Anyone?
Here's one more thought ... someone can start an on-line petition to have the Healthcare Reform Law repealed.  I would do it, but I am sick right now and just don't have the energy and clarity of mind to write something persuasive, coherent ... compelling.  Anyone out there up for the challenge?  Here is a link to one the top rated on-line petition webistes PetitionOnline.com ... or choose another you may happen to prefer. 

If you undertake this task ... please post a comment here with a link to your petition, and I will do everything in my power to get the word out in support this worthy cause. 



How the VOTE on Healthcare Reform went last night ....

Here is a link to what went down in the U.S. House of Representatives last night.  You can see how your elected officials voted on Healthcare Reform by clicking on the roll call links clerk.house.gov Floorsummary 3_21_10

The Bill that was voted on is H.R.3590, "Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act", if you want to type that in as a search and read the text of the actual bill yourself (from the main clerk home page):  clerk.house.gov




On closing ... Here is an email letter that I received from John McCain this morning. It outlines his outrage and plan to challenge that the Healthcare Reform Law be repealed. Senator McCain is up for re-election in Nov. 2010 ... I would urge you to support his re-election campaign. He is one of the strongest voices that 'We the People' currently have in Washington, D.C. right now.

From the Desk of Senator John McCain, R-AZ


"My Friend,


Late last night, the Democrats in the House of Representatives passed their massive government takeover of our health care system. This bill is terribly wrong for America and I call on you to join with me to challenge this bill in every way we can.

The fact remains that by a two-to-one margin, Americans do not want this bill to become law. On Saturday, I held town hall meetings in Arizona and we could not find one person who liked this bill. It's shameful that the Obama Administration and Congressional Democrats have chosen to ignore the citizens of America.

I believe the will of the people will be reflected sooner or later. The Democrats will learn in November, that when you go against the wishes of the American people, you pay a steep and heavy price. Americans will not be silenced on this matter and I will continue to lead this fight each and every day.

I assure you I am not quitting our fight. I believe we must repeal this bill immediately.

I am currently working in every way possible on your behalf to accomplish this. However, I am facing a tough reelection campaign. If I am not reelected this year, I cannot fight for our shared values in the Senate. That's why your immediate donation of any amount is so critical.

Your urgent support will enable me to continue our fight against this terrible bill.

Through tax increases and expensive burdens on small businesses, this bill will bankrupt our great nation. And while the inside-the-beltway Democrats are celebrating with champagne at the White House, anger is building outside the beltway.

I need your immediate help to send a message to these Washington Democrats. I ask that you take a moment today to make a generous contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250 or more to ensure I may continue fighting on your behalf.

I assure you that I will continue to challenge this bill in every way I can and will work to repeal it as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

John McCain

P.S. For the first time in American history, a major piece of legislation has been passed without bipartisan support. The fact remains, the American public does not want this massive government-run health care takeover. I am working to repeal the bill but I need your support to continue my service in the U.S. Senate. I am facing a tough reelection campaign and your immediate donation of $25 or more will enable me to continue fighting. Please follow this link to make your urgent donation. Thank you."



Here is the link to Senator McCain's website if you would like to sign up for his emails and/or make a campaign contribution to his reelection campaign: Reelect Senator John McCain, R-AZ . This is the link to his general information website:  JohnMccain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts. I'll read them and post them soon! God Bless! M