Saturday, August 08, 2009

Music Tribute to John Hughes

Playlist.com has created a tribute to writer,director, and producer, John Hughes.

Check this playlist out. It has some phenomenal songs! Brings back memories ...


Playlist: Save Ferris and All Hail Long Duck Dong

"John Hughes wrote, produced, and directed some of the most iconic films in American history. From Sixteen Candles to Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club to Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Hughes' films helped define an entire decade. And at the heart of his filmography were some of the most memorable soundtracks in movie history.

We celebrate the life and work of John Hughes with this collection of songs from his legendary films."

Great movies, great music. John Hughes will be missed ... May God bless and comfort his loved ones left behind.

Q: Why do we wait until someone is gone before recognizing their contributions to our lives?

Anyway, funny how music speaks to us. Each person moved by the same song in a different way, as she relates the muse to her own life experiences . . .

I am thankful for the gift of movies and music, but music in particular. Music let's me feel and live life much deeper than I otherwise probably would. Sometimes music helps me find the words that I can't quite find on my own -- my husband too. He doesn't talk to me, often, directly, but he will sing to me. Music let's me cry and experience emotion too ... cleansing me so that I can, renewed, embrace my life once again.

Movies are great too! They can be renewing as well. I watched "50 First Dates", with Adam Sandler and Drew Barymore last night. I laughed and cried, and then laughed and cried at the same time. It was good to escape for awhile.

No comments: