Friday, September 22, 2006

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Every parent has experienced that moment when your child repeats something that you weren't even aware they saw or heard. I've had many of these humbling experiences over the years. Kids never cease to totally amaze me!

Here is my latest moment of humbling:
My eldest daughter had to write a personal narrative for her school English paper. She chose to write about our vacation this summer. In her first draft she wrote every little detail of the trip including:

"We had breakfast the next morning at the hotel buffet while my mom stayed in bed and ordered room service."

I had to laugh! I don't usually eat breakfast, as it upsets my stomach early in the morning. As we were on vacation, my husband offered to take the girls to eat breakfast at the buffet in order to give me a chance to have some coffee and put my make-up on/fix hair without a three ring circus going on in the small room.  But to see this event through a child's eyes? How funny!

I can only imagine what my daughter's teacher must think of me now? Slacker mom? Luckily, the above observation didn't make it into her final draft. Whew!    : )


Why not share some of your own embarrassing moments with me in the comments section below (click "comments" below to enter). I'd love to hear some other stories! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right here is the perfect site for anyone who hopes to understand this topic.
You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic that has been discussed for years.
Great stuff, just wonderful!

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Thank you. Appreciate your taking the time & effort to comment. Also love that you actually spell out "HaHa" as opposed to using the cringe-worthy "LOL". Yes, my three --very close in age-- daughters never cease to amaze me. They keep me humble and help to put a fresh spin on my perspective on this journey we call LIFE on a daily basis. Blessings to you and yours! = )

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic
to be really something which I think I would never understand.

It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to
get the hang of it!